Thursday, July 07, 2011

An eventful week

I came back from a company retreat over the weekend feeling all charged up only to find Alfonso acting strangely. Exactly one year after Chewy had passed on. It is happening all over again. The abnormal eye movements, the loss of balance....We hope it is just an ear infection that will go away with the antibiotics. It has been a tiring past few days keeping a close eye on him and force-feeding his meds and liquid food. We have also padded his cage in preparation for the inevitable rolling. We can only hope that he will stay strong throughout...
Get well soon, my little one.

2 comments:

sugarlens said...

Oh no! I am keeping my fingers crossed for Alfonso. I remember you kept a careful watch over Chewy...must be hard now with the new job.

knickknacks said...

Thanks, Joyce! :) The good thing is I'll only be officially starting work in a weeks' time. Alfonso is also starting to show signs of recovery which is a relief. Hopefully this keeps up! :) Hope all is well with you too! Must be exciting with baby B on the way!! :)))